This is an analysis of the poem The Fool And The Fire that begins with:
A fool and a bag in a belt of scrub,
Cloudless skies and the still hot days,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababcaca dedefdfd cgcgchch
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 0110100101 10110111 10100000110 100110101 11011101 1110101101 10100100101 010011101 1100100101 11010111 110111101 111100111 111100101 110100101 111101101 1101100101 0010110101 10011101 1110100101 1100100101 10011111 1011100101 101111101 001010001
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 313
- Average number of words per stanza: 65
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 38 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Fool And The Fire;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.