This is an analysis of the poem One Happy Man that begins with:
Today I met a happy man
Greeting the glad new year.... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abaabacXd eaXeafbfX cbcdXagag hbXhbfffX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 9,9,9,9,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 01110101 100111 01010101 111101101 010101 01111111 111111 11010001 111100 11111111 110001 11010101 01010111 1111001 11111101 110101 11110101 101110 01011111 110101 11110111 11011100 010011 100111101 110111 11111101 110101 11111111 111111 111111011 11010111 011101 110111111 111101 11110101 1101010
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 285
- Average number of words per stanza: 59
- Amount of lines: 36
- Average number of symbols per line: 31 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; ', and are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word and is repeated.
The literary device anadiplosis is detected in two or more neighboring lines. The word/phrase he connects the lines.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of One Happy Man;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.