This is an analysis of the poem Old Town Types No. 15 - Mrs Felix Donnett that begins with:
Mrs Felix Donnett was a lady of renown,
For ten years her husband was mayor of the town;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabbXXbc ddddXXbc ccXXdXbc XXeeXcbc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,8,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1010101010001 110010110001 11011001110101 110001011110101 10100111011101110 1010101001110111 110101000101010 101010101010101 101010100010101 111101001010001 100110101001001 111101000110001 1111101011101110 1010101010101110 11010100101010 01000101010101 11010101111101 11011101110101 11110111011101 111001101011111 1010101010101010 110111011101110 110101000101010 101010101010101 111101000010010 1101001011111001 110111101110111 1111100101110101 0110111010101110 101011101010001 1010101010101010 101010101010101
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 477
- Average number of words per stanza: 88
- Amount of lines: 32
- Average number of symbols per line: 59 (very long strings)
- Average number of words per line: 11
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, but, her, queen, i are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word for is repeated.
The poet repeated the same word boots at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Old Town Types No. 15 - Mrs Felix Donnett;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Clarence Michael James Stanislaus Dennis
- Analysis of Old Town Types No. 21 - Mr Woolin-Wister
- Analysis of Old Town Types No. 16 - Mr Tank
- Analysis of The Milk Billy