This is an analysis of the poem Monday Morning that begins with:
I often pause to contemplate
The sadly barren mental state... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aaabaaab aaacaaac dddXeeeb cccfgggf hhhfiiif
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11010101 01010101 01010011 0111110 11010111 01110101 11011101 1101110 11011101 100101101 01011101 0101010 11110111 01111101 10011101 0101010 11110111 0111101 11110111 0101000 11111101 11010101 11011101 1100010 11110101 01000111 11010101 0111010 11111101 11010101 10010101 0100110 11011101 11110101 11111111 01110010 11110101 11000101 11111111 1101010
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 251
- Average number of words per stanza: 46
- Amount of lines: 40
- Average number of symbols per line: 30 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; with, to, i, and are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words with, that are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Monday Morning;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Clarence Michael James Stanislaus Dennis
- Analysis of 'Me, A Sinner'
- Analysis of The Old Shanty
- Analysis of The Genesis Of Gloom [australian Variety]