This is an analysis of the poem 'Me, A Sinner' that begins with:
Should it occasion much surprise
That criminals should deal in blame,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaXaXbXb cdcddeXe fdfdgbgb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10010101 11001101 11011100 01100101 01010100 11010001 11010001 11010101 11010101 01011111 01010101 110101011 11011111 100010011 0101010 111101001 00010001 11111101 11111101 01010101 11010101 11010011 11110101 11001101
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 265
- Average number of words per stanza: 48
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 32 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of 'Me, A Sinner';
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.