This is an analysis of the poem Lorne that begins with:
Where the road's white bracelet runs
Round the cliff 'twixt bush and sea,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abacdede fcfbgggg hehebibiXbgbggigi
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,17,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: shakespearean sonnet
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1011101 1011111 1010101 1110100 1110101 00100101 1010111 0010001 1011101 1110100 1010111 0010101 1010111 1110101 1010111 1010011 1011101 1011101 1111101 10001001 1011111 1011101 1010101 10100001 0010101 1110101 1000101 1011101 1010101 1001101 10010001 01000101
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 249
- Average number of words per stanza: 43
- Amount of lines: 32
- Average number of symbols per line: 30 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, of are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word there is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Lorne;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.