This is an analysis of the poem Obadiah Bell that begins with:
I am fit and I am well (so said Obadiah Bell.)
I take life as it come from day to day,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abXXbXcdccc deddXbbfXfff agbbghhebeee
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 11,12,12,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 11111111110101 1111010101 11100010 0011010 10101010101 11101100 1010111000101101101 011111110111111111 11111111111100111 1111010101 10100110011 10101011100100 0101010111 11111010 1010010 1111010110 11111011 11111011 10101111111 11111111111111111 111001111111110111 1111011101 10100110111 1011111110101 1111111101 1111110 111101 1101110101 1111111 0011101 1111111011 0110011111111111111 11111111110101 1111010111 10100111101
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 510
- Average number of words per stanza: 109
- Amount of lines: 35
- Average number of symbols per line: 43 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; i, and, my are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words i, and are repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines me is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Obadiah Bell;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.