This is an analysis of the poem Happy Heathen: (With Limited Apologies To G.K.C.) that begins with:
The heathen's not efficient;
He sits down in the sun... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: AbXbXcdc aefefafa AgXgXadaXagfgaaga
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,17,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 0101010 111001 11010101 101110 11011101 111111 10110101 111101 1111010 110111 11110101 110111 1111010 110111 11011101 110101 0101010 111101 11111001 110101 11110101 110100 11011101 110110 1111010 111101 11000101 110101 10101010 1010101 10010101 110101
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 233
- Average number of words per stanza: 43
- Amount of lines: 34
- Average number of symbols per line: 27 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words our, and are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Happy Heathen: (With Limited Apologies To G.K.C.);
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.