This is an analysis of the poem Dawn that begins with:
Here, in soft darkness where the whole night thro',
Dreamless, my quiet garden slumbered well.... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: Xabaabba cdcddccd ceceeccX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 1011010111 10110101001 1101011001 1011100101 1010111 10110100101 1101110101 110111 0011111101 1101110111 0111110001 01001000111 110101 01001111101 0111010101 110101 0101000111 0111010101 1101000111 0101010101 101101 0101010111 1101111101 011101
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 320
- Average number of words per stanza: 57
- Amount of lines: 26
- Average number of symbols per line: 36 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Dawn;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.