This is an analysis of the poem Country Towns - Boort that begins with:
She knows the Mallee's tragedy
Of thwarted hope, of pain,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: Xababb cacadd efefff ghghff XXXehhXadadhh
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,6,6,6,13,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 11010100 010101 01011111 111101 11110111 01010101 1101011 11111 010101001 110011 10111101 11010100 10111111 110100 01010101 010101 11110101 01010101 11111101 010101 01000101 1100101 011101110 111101010 11110101 001101 11111101 010101 111000011 11100101 11111111 100101 11011101 101111 11110001 11111101
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 200
- Average number of words per stanza: 36
- Amount of lines: 36
- Average number of symbols per line: 32 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word of is repeated.
The author used the same word she at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Country Towns - Boort;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.