This is an analysis of the poem Bones, A.B. Is Reminded that begins with:
Men of the sea (said Bones, A.B.)
Is touchy coves and curious,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: AbcbdXefgf dXeXXfefbX ecXXchXhXX AbXbXdgXbXbX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 10,10,10,12,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1001111 01011100 11011111 10111100 10111101 1100110 11111111 0111110 01010101 1111110 1110100111 1101101 111111111 10111110 11111101 1101110 10111111 11101110 110000111 11111110 01111100 1111010 11111101 1111011 11111111 1101010 11011111 0101110 11011111 1101110 1001111 01110100 11111101 11011100 11111101 0111110 11011111 1111110 1101010101 10110 1101010001 110110
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 363
- Average number of words per stanza: 70
- Amount of lines: 42
- Average number of symbols per line: 34 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; an', we are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words that's, an' are repeated.
The poet repeated the same word ' at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Bones, A.B. Is Reminded;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.