This is an analysis of the poem Confidential Canberra that begins with:
Nay, Mr Speaker, let the ideal stay,
The picture that voters have in mind... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababcdcd Xcecfgfg heheibib hjhjiaiX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 1101010011 010110101 0100011101 1001001101 1101011101 1001010001 1111010101 1111011101 100111110010 1101000101 1011010111 1100111101 1101011111 1111010111 11010100001 11010001001 11010111101 1101010111 11010010001 0101010111 1001010111 0101010101 11010010001 10011010001 1111110101 1101010101 0111010101 0101000101 1101010101 1100011111 0111010111 0110111100
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 330
- Average number of words per stanza: 58
- Amount of lines: 32
- Average number of symbols per line: 40 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; in, all, our are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words and, when are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Confidential Canberra;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.