This is an analysis of the poem When So Dispoged that begins with:
Oh, foolish flapper, keen to be
Considered cute and up-to-date,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababcdccd efefbgbbg hXhcdcddc ijijklXkl
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 9,9,9,9,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 11010100 01011101 11011101 11110111 10011101 100100111 100100101 01010111 11111101 11100101 11010101 01010111 11011101 11010101 111101001 11010101 11100001 01110101 11111111 101100100 01001101 01010111 01010101 110010110 01011101 0101011 0101101 11110101 01010101 11010111 01011101 10111101 011000101 11111001 010101001 01110101
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 307
- Average number of words per stanza: 56
- Amount of lines: 36
- Average number of symbols per line: 33 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, to, it's are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words it's, the are repeated.
The literary device anadiplosis is detected in two or more neighboring lines. The word/phrase gin connects the lines.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of When So Dispoged;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.