This is an analysis of the poem Cobbers And Quids that begins with:
Is youth not less pedantic, less absurd,
Less prone to value things of little worth... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababcdcd aeaXcfcf adadaeaX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 0111010101 1101010101 0100110101 1101000101 1111111101 1111001101 11001110101 1101100101 1111010011 1101010111 1101001101 0111011000 0101111101 0101001101 0101010101 1100110001 1001010101 1101010111 1101010111 1001000101 1111011101 0101010011 1001011101 11010101000
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 331
- Average number of words per stanza: 60
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 40 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; less, and are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Cobbers And Quids;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.