This is an analysis of the poem Christmas Scene that begins with:
To this green place the tourists troop,
By twos, by threes, and group by group,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabbccdd eeddffgg bbddhhiX eeXihhjj ggeeffXXXiigggghh
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,8,17,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 00110101 11111111 10110101 10010111 11111111 01010101 1111101 11011101 11110101 10010101 11010111 11011111 1011111 11010101 10111101 01100101 10011111 01110101 11011101 11011101 11010101 01010101 110111111 01101101 11010001 110010101 11011100 11110011 110010101 11011111 11110001 10010111 10010101 01011101 11011111 110111001 11010101 1011101 11011101 111000111 00101111 11110101 11011101 01010101 11110111 11111001 11111111 11111101
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 286
- Average number of words per stanza: 53
- Amount of lines: 48
- Average number of symbols per line: 35 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; by, city, and, of are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Christmas Scene;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.