This is an analysis of the poem Camperdown that begins with:
The dignity of Camperdown
Is not to be denied,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: Xabaccdd eafaffgg ehehbXbX bfbfiibX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 01000100 010001 11010101 111101 11000111 11010111 01010101 11010101 01010101 011101 10110011 100101 00110101 11010111 10110001 110100101 11110101 111001 11000101 110101 10110101 01110100 11000110 01010110 11000101 110111 01000101 110101 01011101 11011101 101100101 01010100
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 247
- Average number of words per stanza: 44
- Amount of lines: 32
- Average number of symbols per line: 30 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word and is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Camperdown;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.