This is an analysis of the poem Armistice Day 1933 that begins with:
This we have said: 'We shall remember them.'
And deep our sorrow while the deed was young.... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaXabcbX ddddeceX bebefcfX ggggeceX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 0111110101 1111010111 1011011100 1101011101 1111111101 11010010101 1111010111 1111110101 1111010111 1111110101 1101110111 1011011001 1111010101 0101110101 1011111101 1111110101 1111010101 1111110001 0001111101 0100010101 0101010011 1001100101 0111010101 1111110101 1101010111 1111000101 0111010111 1111110011 1111000101 1101010101 1001110101 1111110101
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 347
- Average number of words per stanza: 64
- Amount of lines: 32
- Average number of symbols per line: 42 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and is repeated.
The poet repeated the same word ' at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Armistice Day 1933;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.