This is an analysis of the poem Ballad Of Lieges that begins with:
Son of our King: When yoemen sailed
From Britain to expand her sway,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abXbbcbC ababbcbC XababbcbC
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,9,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10111101 01000101 010011010 01010101 11010111 01111101 011111001 10111111 10110111 11011101 10010101 10010101 10110001 1111111 010101001 10111111 1101100101 010100001 01010101 11111101 10001101 11011101 110111001 10111111
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 289
- Average number of words per stanza: 53
- Amount of lines: 26
- Average number of symbols per line: 33 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Ballad Of Lieges;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.