This is an analysis of the poem Anzac Square: What The Digger Said that begins with:
Said the Digger: 'Soon forgot! Soon forgot, the deeds of war.
Better so, may be. . . Why not?... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abbacX accacc deedcc fggfee dhhddX fiifaa jccjhh bggbaX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,6,6,6,6,6,6,6,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10101011010101 1011011 1011101 1110111 10011101 1010111 11101011111101 10101011 1011101 1110101 1010111 1000111 00111011111110 1010111 1111111 1001101 1011111 1110101 11101011110101 01100111 1010101 11010101 1110101 1111101 11101011000101 1010101 0111111 1101101 0110110 1110100 10001111010111 1010101 0010011 1110101 1000101 1010101 10001011100101 1010111 1000101 1010101 1110001 1110101 10101111111111 0010101 1010111 1000111 1010101 10101010
- Amount of stanzas: 8
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 214
- Average number of words per stanza: 41
- Amount of lines: 49
- Average number of symbols per line: 34 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; ', be, i, earth are repeated.
The author used the same word 'memory at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Anzac Square: What The Digger Said;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.