This is an analysis of the poem 'Eats' that begins with:
When Willie gets a penny piece
Straight to the lollie-shop he flies,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abab bcbc XdXd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11010101 1001111 11010101 01010101 11001111 11010101 11011111 01110001 0101111 11010101 110101 01100101
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 139
- Average number of words per stanza: 26
- Amount of lines: 12
- Average number of symbols per line: 34 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word with is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of 'Eats';
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.