This is an analysis of the poem What Bill Said that begins with:
“So Fritz ‘e’s at ‘is tricks,” Bill said,
“’Is dirty sinkin’ game:...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcbXdEEE XaXXa XaffE XcX dXXggE XbcbeE afhfhhEEE
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 9,5,5,3,6,6,9,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11110111 010101 1111110 1011101 1111110 0011010 111 101 1111 11010111 111010 0010110111 110 1010 1100110 00101010 110111 111101 1111 111010 0010 101 1101010 1101111 1110110 011111 111101 1111 111010 0111111 1101110 11111111 11101 1111 11110111 011101 1111010 11111111 111 0111 111 101 1111
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 181
- Average number of words per stanza: 37
- Amount of lines: 44
- Average number of symbols per line: 24 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; said, and are repeated.
The author used the same word i at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
The poet repeated the same word he at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of What Bill Said;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.