This is an analysis of the poem The Rally Round The Flag that begins with:
The rally round the mother-land
Is spreading far and near,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcbccXc dededaXa acXcXada afbfacac
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: shakespearean sonnet
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 01010101 010111 1010010100 110101 11011101 111101 011100110 010001 11010011 110101 1111011 010101 1101011 111101 1111010 1101001 1011010 101101 01000101 110110 1001010 1110101 1101110 111101 1001110 10100101 01011111 010101 1101010 010111 101010111 111101
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 240
- Average number of words per stanza: 44
- Amount of lines: 32
- Average number of symbols per line: 29 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Rally Round The Flag;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.