This is an analysis of the poem The Lighthouse Builders that begins with:
On head and height their stars are bright
Where sails and steamers go,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababcdcD efefgdgD bdbdhdhD
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 11111111 111101 11010101 101101 10011101 010101 10101111010111 101101 01010101 111101 01010111 111111 01110111 0101001 10111000010101 101101 11010111 110111 11010111 010101 01011101 110101 10101010010101 101101
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 272
- Average number of words per stanza: 50
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 33 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Lighthouse Builders;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.