This is an analysis of the poem Ship Models Vii “geordie Collier Brig” that begins with:
Here’s the likeness of the
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: Xabb cc bb bb aa dd dd eb eaff ggXcc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,4,5,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1001000 10 11000110 110011010101110 10101101011101110 011101011101010 11101011110011 11010101011001 01110101110101 11011110110101 1110111011101010 110101010111010 110011011110100 11111101111000100 110111111110100 1111111101011100 100111101010101 101110110110101 11011 10 1010111 001010101010111 1100111011101010 0011101010101110 110101011101110 1110101010101010
- Amount of stanzas: 11
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 128
- Average number of words per stanza: 25
- Amount of lines: 26
- Average number of symbols per line: 54 (very long strings)
- Average number of words per line: 10
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, he, to, for, they, of, it, their are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words they, and are repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines it is repeated).
The poet repeated the same word it at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Ship Models Vii “geordie Collier Brig”;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.