This is an analysis of the poem Barguest that begins with:
All in the wild and windy night
I heard the treetops moan,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcbcdXd aeXeafcf agXgfbdb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10011101 110111 110101001 101101 01011101 100101 11010101 110101 11010101 111101 01110101 011101 11011101 110111 11010100 011101 10011101 110111 01000101 010111 01110011 010111 11110111 011111
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 248
- Average number of words per stanza: 48
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 30 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Barguest;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.