This is an analysis of the poem Animal Crackers that begins with:
Animal crackers and cocoa to drink,
That is the finest of suppers I think;...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabbcXcc ddeeXcceeee
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,11,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: heroic couplets
- Metre: 1001011001 1001001011 1011111111 11111101011 1111111001 11011111101 001011011001 01011001111 0100101111 01001001001 11001111001 01011001011 1011011001 01001101001 11111011111 11001001101 11011111001 101011001111
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 258
- Average number of words per stanza: 51
- Amount of lines: 18
- Average number of symbols per line: 42 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; i is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word the is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Animal Crackers;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.