This is an analysis of the poem Twenty-Third that begins with:
And at the picnic table under the ancient elms,
one of my parents turned to me and said:...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abXccXdbddcXXa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 14,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: Shakespearean sonnet
- Metre: 1101110100101 1011010111 111111 1010101111 010100111010011 10110101010110 010111111110 10010101111 11101111011 010011110101 011110101 10101111111010 0100111101 011101011
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 626
- Average number of words per stanza: 125
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 44 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Twenty-Third;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.