This is an analysis of the poem Rotary that begins with:
Closer to a bell than a bird,
that clapper ringing...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXXb bcde ede afabg fcdf hegi ejkc Xe hfjb kkdad hXiX Xig cf dXh Xe
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,3,5,4,4,4,2,4,5,4,3,2,3,2,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10001101 11010 011 00010 1110 1100101 0101 11100 100101 111 01110 11110 11010101 1101 0010 10100 101001 1001 00101 1010 11011001 1101 1001010 11101 11001 011 0101 01111 01001111 10101 01011 010110 010101 00100 11110 01101 1100101 1011 111 1110 1101 010011 111111 1111 011 011100 10111 00101 111 010010 01 10101 01101
- Amount of stanzas: 15
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 71
- Average number of words per stanza: 13
- Amount of lines: 53
- Average number of symbols per line: 20 (very short strings)
- Average number of words per line: 4
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; you is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words you, before are repeated.
The author used the same word you at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Rotary;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.