This is an analysis of the poem Last Words that begins with:
The night sky's a black stretch limo, boss in the back
behind tinted glass. You could say that....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ab XX XX cX dX bX cd aX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 011011101001 011011111 11010110100 1010010101 011011111 111111110100 10110111 01101110011 110101001000101 11001100101 11011011000 0111000010 101101010001 0110011010 1001011 101010011
- Amount of stanzas: 8
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 87
- Average number of words per stanza: 16
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 43 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Last Words;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Chris Forhan
- Analysis of A Child's Guide To Etiquette
- Analysis of Gouge, Adze, Rasp, Hammer
- Analysis of Prayer's Before Sleep