This is an analysis of the poem Talk to Animals that begins with:
If you talk to animals they will talk with you
And you will know each other....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: cinquain
- Metre: 011010010101 1101110 011110010110 111111101 111101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 206
- Average number of words per stanza: 42
- Amount of lines: 5
- Average number of symbols per line: 40 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; you, talk, not, know are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Talk to Animals;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.