This is an analysis of the poem My Heart Soars that begins with:
The beauty of the trees,
the softness of the air,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXXB cbbB aXdBXdccbba
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,11,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 010001 010001 010001 101 0100010 010001 010001 101 010001 0100010 0111010 101 01010 01010 01001 101110101 1101 1111
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 104
- Average number of words per stanza: 21
- Amount of lines: 18
- Average number of symbols per line: 22 (very short strings)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word the is repeated.
The author used the same word the at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
The poet repeated the same word me at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of My Heart Soars;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.