This is an analysis of the poem A True Account Of The Birth And Conception Of A Late Famous Poem Call'D The Female Nine that begins with:
When Monmouth the chaste read those impudent lines
Which ty'd her dear monkey so fast by the loins, ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXaabXbccb bddbbbeebX ffbggcc ccc chhhaXiiccXeeeff
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 10,10,7,3,16,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 11001111001 11011011101 1010001101011 111010001101 11001 100111 01101101001 11101011001 01111111110 11101111101 11011011001 11011011101 11001101001 11001 101011 11001101011 11001001001 11110011001 10011111111 1100111110 01011111010 11100101001 11010 11101 111011100111 11011001001 01111011011 110101011001 11101111001 11011001101 101101011001 11101 101101 101101011001 11110101001 110010110010 011010101111 11001101001 11101011001 111101011001 110011 01011 11101011010 110111010001 001011001011
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 327
- Average number of words per stanza: 61
- Amount of lines: 45
- Average number of symbols per line: 43 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, you, to, his are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word and is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of A True Account Of The Birth And Conception Of A Late Famous Poem Call'D The Female Nine;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.