This is an analysis of the poem To Her that begins with:
Cut loose a hundred rivers,
Roaring across my trail,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abXbacdDeefefecdDebababcdDe
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 27,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1101010 100111 1101010 110101 11101010 1110101 1111011 11 111000 1010010 111001 1010010 1000101 11001010 1111001 1111011 11 111000 1011010 111101 1010010 101001 11001110 1101001 1111011 11 111000
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 697
- Average number of words per stanza: 139
- Amount of lines: 27
- Average number of symbols per line: 25 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; i, with are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word i is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of To Her;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.