This is an analysis of the poem The Song Of The Leather that begins with:
When my trail stretches out to the edge of the sky
Through the desert so empty and bright,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababaacXddXededffXXggXbhbhiiceaaX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 33,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 111101001001 101011011 1010010111101 101011111 111101101101 111011001011 101010 101001101 111101011101 101101111001 1111010010 101011011011 101011111 101001011011 101001011 101011001101 111001001111 1111101 011011001 101001101001 101001101011 111111001 111011101011 101001101 0010101101001 111001011 111111101101 101011111101 101010 111001101 111101001011 101001011101 101101101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 1461
- Average number of words per stanza: 294
- Amount of lines: 33
- Average number of symbols per line: 43 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, my, to, 'im are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Song Of The Leather;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.