This is an analysis of the poem The Bunk-House Orchestra that begins with:
Wrangle up your mouth-harps, drag your banjo out,
Tune your old guitarra till she twangs right stout,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabbccdXcceeffdXeeaaggXXhhiijjdX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 32,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10111111111 11110011111 101010101010101 111010100010001 10110111101 1110101010101 001111100101 11010101010001 10101110101 10111000111 111011101110101 10101100111101 11001111101 10111010010001 101111110101 111010101010001 10101110101 10101010110 101010101010001 101010101011101 10101111111 1110101110011 1011011111111 101110101010001 101110010111 10001001111 101011001101101 111111101110001 10101111001 1010101110111 101111110101 11111001001010001
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 1751
- Average number of words per stanza: 333
- Amount of lines: 32
- Average number of symbols per line: 54 (very long strings)
- Average number of words per line: 10
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; your, or are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Bunk-House Orchestra;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.