This is an analysis of the poem A Bad Half Hour that begins with:
Wonder why I feel so restless;
Moon is shinin' still and bright,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcbadeDbdXdbfgfXgbgcfXXXbXbgdeDeefeeXeD
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 40,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10111110 1010111 10101010 1111101 11100110 1111111 10101010 110111 1101110 1011011 10111110 1111101 11101010 1010011 11101010 1011101 11111010 1011101 101011110 1110011 10111110 1110101 11101110 1110101 10111110 1100111 11101010 1010101 11101110 1111111 11111010 110111 11111010 0011101 01111101 1010101 11111010 1111101 11111010 110111
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 1321
- Average number of words per stanza: 254
- Amount of lines: 40
- Average number of symbols per line: 32 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; ' is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words 'annie, and are repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines ' is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of A Bad Half Hour;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.