This is an analysis of the poem The Passing Of The Trail that begins with:
There was a sunny, savage land
Beneath the eagle's wings,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababcdcdEedeababbebefafaEgagadadXhXhdedeEXeaabab
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 48,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: shakespearean sonnet
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11010101 010101 11010111 110111 00010101 110101 11100111 110101 01010101 110101 01010101 110101 11000111 010101 01011111 110100 11010101 010110 01110111 010100 111100101 011101 11100101 010101 01010101 1001010 01011111 1101010 01010011 111111 11010111 011111 10010111 110101 110101010 010111 01011101 010101 110100001 010001 01010101 1111010 11110101 010011 11011111 010111 01110111 110100
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 1487
- Average number of words per stanza: 284
- Amount of lines: 48
- Average number of symbols per line: 30 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word the is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Passing Of The Trail;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.