This is an analysis of the poem From Town that begins with:
We're the children of the open and we hate the haunts o' men,
But we had to come to town to get the mail....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababXcXc XXXA dedeXfgf faXA fgfgbhfhXeaaa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,4,8,4,13,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 101000101110111 11101010101 111011110010101 11101110101 1011110011101010 11101010101 11111010010101 1110111001 11101011011101 10101010110 1110001010111010 11101010101 1010110100110101 00101110111 111010100010101 10111011011 1111101010111110 1111111101 11101010010101 11101010101 11111001010101 10101110101 1010101010111110 11101010101 101111011010101 10101110101 111010101111101 11101110001 1100111010111010 10101011111 10101011110101 10100010001 1011110101011101 11101010101 1010101010110010 110101010101
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 344
- Average number of words per stanza: 63
- Amount of lines: 36
- Average number of symbols per line: 56 (very long strings)
- Average number of words per line: 11
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to, we're, we, our, from, in, of, and are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word and is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of From Town;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.