This is an analysis of the poem The Camp Fire's Song that begins with:
I reared your fathers long ago —
Big, savage children — from the breast, ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababccDd ebebccdd fdfdggdd hdhdiidd fbfbbbdd cjcjggDd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,8,8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11110101 11010001 10010011 11010101 11011101 11011101 1111 11010011 11010111 11010111 01111101 01110101 10110111 01010111 1111 11010011 11110101 11011101 11010101 11110101 11011101 11011101 1111 11110011 110101110 01011101 1111001010 01011111 010101111 01010111 1111 11110011 11011001 11010101 11110111 010101001 11110111 110010111 1111 11010011 11010111 11011111 11010101 11111111 01110101 11111101 1111 01010111
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 289
- Average number of words per stanza: 51
- Amount of lines: 48
- Average number of symbols per line: 35 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; your is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word the is repeated.
The author used the same word they at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
The poet repeated the same word eyes at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Camp Fire's Song;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.