This is an analysis of the poem Talento E Formosura that begins with:
Tu podes bem guardar os dons da formosura
Que o tempo, um dia, há de implacável trucidar...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXaX XXXX baXXXXXXXXbXXXXbXXXXXXXXXXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,28,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1101101111000 111111010100100 1101101000010 101000100111 101001110110 01111110 1101011111011 0100011001111 11001101001101010 11101110010 1101001111011010 11101111100 1101101101000 1001110101010 1101011101000 1111001110110 110011110100100 111001101010100 1111101111100110 1010011011101 10001101011010110 10101110000111 110011110101100 11011101110 1110111110101001000 1011101101010 1010010101001100 101010110100 1100110011000 1110010011100 1101100101000 111001101110 1101101101000 1010010101000 1110110110110110 1110100111010
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 534
- Average number of words per stanza: 109
- Amount of lines: 36
- Average number of symbols per line: 44 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; que, o, lhe, e are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word e is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Talento E Formosura;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.