This is an analysis of the poem A Lagoa that begins with:
Tu não tá vendo a lagoa
aquela lagoa mansa...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXX aXaX XXXbXXXX XXXX aXXaX XXXXab XXXXXXXXXa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,8,4,5,6,10,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11110010 1001010 1101010 1110001 1110010 10110100 1111010 1101010 11101000 11011100 1110000 11011111 110010100 0010110000 1101000 1111001 1110100 1101010 100111 11000100 1011110 10010100 10111 0100110 11100110 11010011 110110 0101101 11111111 10100110 101010011 110011100 11101101 101101110 1110101 10011100 1001110 1110100 110011 1010010 110110
- Amount of stanzas: 7
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 137
- Average number of words per stanza: 28
- Amount of lines: 41
- Average number of symbols per line: 23 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; que is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word que is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of A Lagoa;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.