This is an analysis of the poem Ai De Mim that begins with:
Foi um sonho te querer com doido amor
Foi loucura penhorar-te o coração ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXXXXbXb XXX cXcXXXXa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,3,8,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 111011011010 11001001110 111010100110 11111100100 10101101101 101111111 10110001110 1011000110011 101101 1110110 1110110 1101101110 101111001000 11001001100 11100100111 11101101110 111100101 101111110 111011001010
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 223
- Average number of words per stanza: 47
- Amount of lines: 19
- Average number of symbols per line: 34 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; o, te, me are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words foi, nem, por are repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines assim is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Ai De Mim;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.