This is an analysis of the poem Até As Flores Mentem that begins with:
Em um jardim à beira-mar
(fazia um luar de níveo albor ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXXbXXXX XXbXX XabXaX XXbaXXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,5,6,8,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1110101 10110110 11111110110 111110010 100100100 010010011 10101100010 110101010 10011110 1111010010 10111101110 10110010 101110 1101110 0111001 01010110 1100110 1011101 11011100 10101001010 10100011 10101010 10111101 110100110 1110110 1110111 01111110
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 187
- Average number of words per stanza: 41
- Amount of lines: 27
- Average number of symbols per line: 27 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; o is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words a, e are repeated.
The poet repeated the same word ' at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Até As Flores Mentem;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.