This is an analysis of the poem Violeta that begins with:
Sempre teu lábio severo
Me chama de borboleta!...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXa aXXb XbXX XXXa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 111100 11001000 11110110110 1111010 110101010 11010100 10010110 101111110 01000100 1011011 110110110 1111100 1000101 11101000 10110111 111111010
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 103
- Average number of words per stanza: 22
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 25 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; s, de, teu are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Violeta;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.