This is an analysis of the poem Visão that begins with:
Uma noite, meu Deus, que noite aquela!
Por entre as galas, no fervor da dança,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaXX XXXX XaXa XXaX XXXX aXXa XaXX XXXa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1011111100 110110110110 11011101000 1101001010 101101100100 11010011110 1011010110010 101101001010 1101010110 100100111110 1110101011010 1011100110010 1011001001 11010110100 10101001010 11011011011 11010101000 1011001100 11000101110 111101110100 10101001110 1110101010 10111001100 101010011110 10010110110110 101111000110 11001010100 11010010010 111011100 10011110100 10110101000 11110101110
- Amount of stanzas: 8
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 145
- Average number of words per stanza: 28
- Amount of lines: 32
- Average number of symbols per line: 36 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Visão;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.