This is an analysis of the poem Orações that begins with:
A alma, como o incenso, ao céu s'eleva
Da férvida oração nas asas puras,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXX XXaX aXXX aXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 01010110011100 1101011010 111010110100 1100101100 11010110010 1001100101100 10011010010 1110010100 111011001110 10011001111 1010101011 1101001010 11010011010 101111101100 101001110 11011011
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 141
- Average number of words per stanza: 28
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 34 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; o is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Orações;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.