This is an analysis of the poem Fragmento that begins with:
O mundo é uma mentira, a glória - fumo,
A morte - um beijo, e esta vida um sonho...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXa XXbXXXabXXXXXXXaXaXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 3,20,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 110101000110 0111011010110 10011110110 1101101011 1011011011 11011110110 11110100100 10100111000 1110110011000 11111110110 111101110110 1011101100 101001111100 101001111011 1100110110 0101001110110 10010111100010 11011100110 11000110110 1010110100 0101011110110 1110001100 11011011111
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 428
- Average number of words per stanza: 86
- Amount of lines: 23
- Average number of symbols per line: 36 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; o is repeated.
The author used the same word o at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Fragmento;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.