This is an analysis of the poem Canção Do Exílio that begins with:
Se eu tenho de morrer na flor dos anos
Meu Deus! não seja já;...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XAXX bcbc XXXa XXXd XAXX eXXd XXeX XXXX XAXX XdXd XXXc XXXX XAXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1111001011110 111101 11010110001 10110 11110111101110 100011 111101011010 110111 1110001100 110111 11101111110 010101 11111011100 1110100 111101011111 111110 1111001011110 111101 11010110001 10110 1011111010 0101010 101010101100 100111 1010101100 110110 11111000100010 11110 1010110110 11011 11001001100 110110 1111001011110 111101 11010110001 01110 1010100101 110100 11010001100 111001 10101101100 10011 1110100100 10111 1100100100 11010 1110110011100 110110 1111001011110 111101 11010110001 10110
- Amount of stanzas: 13
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 114
- Average number of words per stanza: 24
- Amount of lines: 52
- Average number of symbols per line: 28 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; eu, o are repeated.
The author used the same word quero at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Canção Do Exílio;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.