This is an analysis of the poem Poem For Maya that begins with:
Dipping our bread in oil tins
we talked of morning peeling...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcdXXacebaXaedeXXcba
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 21,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1011011 1101010 10110010 0101011 110111110 010100001 11111 001111 11011010 1111010 01111 0110110 01011 01000101 10101011 11001001 10111101 111000101 1101110100 100011010 01011
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 650
- Average number of words per stanza: 121
- Amount of lines: 21
- Average number of symbols per line: 30 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; we is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word at is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Poem For Maya;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.