This is an analysis of the poem Lines that begins with:
On observing the light of two lamps in the
Town form a Triangle with a conspicuous... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: Xab XbXb Xcac bcXc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 3,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: rondeau
- Metre: 10100101100 110110000100 100101 11011101 111101 11110101 1011001 11011101 0101001 10110111 110101 11011101 0101010 01010100 1001010
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 118
- Average number of words per stanza: 23
- Amount of lines: 15
- Average number of symbols per line: 31 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; that is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word two is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Lines;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.